While you are using QuickBooks accounting software, you can face any type of QuickBooks error. QuickBooks error code 6129 is one of the most common errors. QuickBooks users encounter this QuickBooks error code 6129 while database connection verification fails when tries to access QuickBooks company file. This shows then message “You are unable to open the company file.” In this article, we are going to discuss how to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6129? You have to follow these steps to resolve this error.
When QuickBooks Error 6129 Occurs?
QuickBooks Error 6129 may appear in various circumstances such as
- Quickbooks installation
- Microsoft Windows installation
- During the start or stop of Microsoft Windows.
Main causes of the QuickBooks error is 6129
The following are the causes of the following QuickBooks error 6129: –
- Creating another record along with running anti-virus in the system.
- You have corrupted the network data document.
- When updating company files from older QuickBooks without using the administrator login details required for Windows login
- Domain servers and clients do not match the machine.
- A malfunction in the operation of your system.
- Wrong / failed installation
- While uninstall
- Invalid entries in windows registry
- Virus/malware attack
- Improper system shutdown due to power failure.
What are the symptoms of QB Error 6129?
The following symptoms may appear when a QuickBooks error 2129 is displayed-
- A 6129 error appears and crashes an active program window.
- Your computer often crashes with QuickBooks error 6129 when running similar programs.
- Slow Windows functioning and mouse/keyboard response
- Your computer system starts to freeze.
Solutions to Resolve Error Code 6129?
Solution 1 – Using Different File Names
If in case, an error occurs while creating a new company file –
- First of all, you have to select the holiday in an easy step interview window.
- Then save the file.
- For the file, type a different name.
- Click on the Save button.
- If this solution does not work, you can try to solution 2 or 6.
Solution 2- Create another folder and go to the company files.
- First, create another file folder.
- Select QuickBooks Company Files in a new folder.
- If you are using QuickBooks on a system, open the QuickBooks company file through the new folder.
- If you are using the same file on more than one computer then complete the next steps.
- First, click on Start
- Select program
- Then click on QuickBooks and choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Then, press on scan folders
- If you do not have a folder that contains the company file, click Add Folder and add it.
- Press on scan option
- Now, the scan is done, after that click
- Then, you will open the QB company file and understand if it is running.
Solution 3- While using safe mode turn off anti-virus
- Restart the computer without changing the safe mode.
- Stop running anti-virus software
- After this make a file of another company
- Put the system in normal working mode
- Reboot computer
- Open QuickBooks and open the company’s files.
- See if QuickBooks Error 6129 is visible.
Solution 4- Rename QuickBooks Network Data Files (.ND) files
- View (.ND) files in your various QuickBooks
- To do this, rename the file on the first right of the old company name and select “
- Type Enter.OLD at the end of the file name and press Enter
- If you use only one computer, you can now open the company file. However, follow the steps below to access the same company’s file on different computers.
- Click on the Windows start
- Click Programs and after that select QuickBooks
- Click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager and press on ‘Scan Folder’ option
- If you do not have a folder that contains a company file, click ‘Add Folder’ to add it.
- Click Scan, and when the scan is complete, close it.
- Then open the company file and see if QuickBooks is working.
Solution 5- Create another envelope and locate QuickBooks organization documents
- First, create another record organizer.
- Put the documents of the QB organization in a new envelope after Thar
- Click Start and go to Windows and select the program.
- Press on Quickbooks
- Select QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Click on ‘Scan Folder’
- If you don’t see an organizer that has an organization document, press on the Add folder and place it inside.
- Then, click on the pouch and select the pass when the output is complete.
- Next, open the company’s document and see if you are receiving QuickBooks Error 6129
Solution 6- Keep all computers on the same domain
- Get all computers on the same domain and check if QuickBooks error code 6129 is visible.