Quickbooks Custom Reports contain personal and secured information about company norms. Sometimes you don’t want to disclose all the details for that you must have information How To Customise QuickBooks Custom Reports. IF, you don’t know about these techniques follow the information carefully.
QuickBooks lets users create as well as customize reports that help you fulfill your business needs efficiently. You can use custom reports to get the data that matters to you the most. QuickBooks offers a plethora of pre-created reports which you can customize in order to view the information you want. In addition to this, you can email your custom reports automatically, too. While general reports in QuickBooks provide tonnes of actionable financial data, custom reports, on the other hand, lets you pull the exact data you need to dive into the details of your business.
At Bizimatrix, we provide solutions and support services on how to customize QuickBooks custom reports. You can get in touch with us on the QuickBooks Support at any time.
The Need For Customising QuickBooks Custom Reports
It makes sense for small business owners to customize reports to complement their purpose. At the end of the day, a report is only useful if you understand what the data is telling you. The filters in the customization module can be used to eliminate extraneous details or pull additional data points so you can easily zero-in on account specifics. Moreover, narrowing the scope of reports helps you learn more about how your business flows.
Thus, allowing users to manage custom reports is an integral feature in QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks also lets users tailor both the look and content of any company report that you want to create. Users can easily customize their financial data, which also includes adding or deleting columns, adding or removing details on the header or footer, personalize the style, font, etc., of the report and so on. However, the filters and columns available for each report or a group of reports actually differ because each of them draws details from the company report differently. Company report sources and targets are particularly significant when filtering company files.
Steps For Customising QuickBooks Custom Reports
Given below are steps on how to customize QuickBooks custom reports.
- Go to your QuickBooks Online Dashboard, then open a QuickBooks report.
- Now, go to the Report window and click Customise Report.
- Finally, go to the Modify Report window, make the necessary updates, then click the OK button.
Basic Information For Custom Reports In QuickBooks Online
Here is some basic information for custom reports in QuickBooks Online.
- Save Customised Report: In order to save a customized report in QuickBooks Online, click the Save Customisation button that is located at the upper right corner of the report you had customized.
- Report Name: Lets you type a report name in the Custom Report name field.
- Add report to an existing customized report group: To do this, you must go to Add this report to a group drop-down menu in order to select the name of the report group.
- Create a new report group: You can create a new report group by clicking the Add new group link, then add a New group name field to the drop-down menu.
- Now, type a name for the new report group in this field, then click the Add button.
- If you wish to share the report with others, select All from the Share with a drop-down menu, else select None, if you don’t want to share reports with others.
- After completing changes in the report, click the Save button to save your customized report.
- Now, from the navigation bar, click Reports to view your saved custom reports.
- Next, click the My Custom Reports link from the right. Now, you can easily view your reports via your saved custom reports that appear on the list.
- Your custom reports which are saved in the report group will appear below the name of the report group in the same list.
- Go to the group to expand/collapse the list of reports within the group, then click the arrow next to the report group’s name.
- Click its name within the list in order to open your desired reports.
Additional Features That Let You Customise QuickBooks Custom Reports
The Display tab determines the details that will be displayed on the company report. There are plenty of elements that you can modify that vary depending on the report you run.
Report Date Range
You can choose the dates that the report will cover. Click the Dates drop-down menu, then select the available date range, or you can manually choose the date by clicking the calendar icon in the From and To fields.
If you enter date in the To field and leave the From field blank, you get data as of the To date.
Choose either the Accrual or Cash radio button to generate/display the report basis.
It is a bookkeeping methodology in which you regard income or expenses as occurring at the time you ship a product, render a service or receive a purchase.
In accrual accounting, the time when you type a transaction and the time when you actually pay or receive cash may be two separate events.
An accrual-basis report shows income regardless of whether your buyers have paid your bills and expenses regardless of whether you have paid all your bills.
A cash-basis report expresses income as well as expenses, only if you have received cash.
If you have not received an amount for the bill, then amount related report does not add the income.
QuickBooks reports such as balance sheet and profit and loss display columns, while also allowing you to select which columns appear via a drop-down list menu.
When you create custom fields that are also added to your templates and contain details, then these will appear in the column list as well. Simply click the data to select a column. The columns that you select will show a verification mark. A drop-down menu allows you to choose how the data will be shown. Also, it decides how the reports are sorted within the sub-total. It can be arranged in ascending and descending order to better suit your needs. Some company reports also give you an option to add sub-columns.
Advanced Options lets users make selective choices that vary depending on the report. Thus, for reports like General QuickBooks Ledger, Custom Summary, Custom Transaction Detail, Vendor Balance Detail and QuickBooks Sales such as Sales by Rep Details, Sales by Customer, Sales by Item, etc., the Advanced Options contains:
Tells QuickBooks which of the accounts, names, items, etc., will be added to the company report. It further has the options:
- All: All account elements and lists.
- In Use: Only the accounts and elements that have activity in the period selected.
Tells QuickBooks the effective date of the report and shows a transaction’s open balance as of the effective date. It’s sub-options include:
- Current (faster): This displays open balances as of the present day, regardless of the date and time frame of the report.
- Report Date: Displays open balances based on the date range selected for the report.
For Balance Sheet level, details of cash flows, QuickBooks profit, and loss, and Vendor Balance Summary reports, you have display rows and display columns that tell QuickBooks which rows and columns to include in the report.
Includes all rows and columns that have activity in the selected date range, regardless of the balance.
- All: Displays all present rows and columns. Selecting All under Advanced Options overrides the filters.
- Reporting Calendar: Selecting a calendar year will show balance from January to December. The fiscal or income tax year depends on what you set in your company details.
- Non-zero: Here, the rows and columns include only a non-zero balance.
- AR and AP Aging summary: Reports provide you the option to select the Open Balance or Aging Date.
The Filters tab allows users to limit report details to selected criteria. This is important if you need to personalize the report for your needs or to isolate the possible cause of an issue during troubleshooting.
Steps to filter a report:
- Go to the Modify Report window, then click Filters.
- Click the Filter list and choose the filter you want to use.
- Next, go to the Filter Details information, then choose or type extra details that QuickBooks needs so that the filter can perform the task correctly.
- Go to the Present Filter options column, then highlight a filter that you like to remove and choose to Remove Selected Filter.
- Click OK.
Note: QuickBooks shows a brief explanation of the selected filter. If you want more information about the filter, click the Tell me more button.
Header and Footer
This tab allows you to change the details that will be displayed both at the top and bottom of your company report.
Details on the header contain content displaying the report data. On the other hand, the footer contains content which appears at the bottom page of the report data. Content in the footer is only viewed in print preview or on a printed copy of the report.
Verify or uncheck the box for the details that you want to add or eliminate. Use the field provided to update the details. To modify the alignment, click the Alignment drop-down menu.
Fonts and Numbers
This tab lets you modify the style and appearance of a report. The areas of the report can be changed by modifying the font style and size.
Steps to change fonts:
- Go to the Change font for column and choose the area you want to modify.
- Click Change font.
- Go to the column Labels window to change the font style, size, color effects for the particular font.
- Click OK.
- At the prompt, click Yes to apply the changes you want to make to all labels.
Note: The length of characters in the title is limited to 57 and can contain letters and numbers. However, the date scale is no longer displayed. If a report has a customized title, then click Help in the menu bar and choose QuickBooks Help to see details about the base report from which it was developed.
Custom Summary and Custom Transaction Details Report
You can regulate the Custom Transaction Details and Custom Summary files to create any company report in QuickBooks with the help of various types of combinations on the Display and Filters tab in the Modify Report window. Remember that this may be subject to accounting and programming limitations as well as to your permissions in the data file.
Both reports have a default filter: Posting Status equal to Posting, Estimates, Sales orders, Pending Invoices, and Purchase Orders are not displayed until you modify this filter.
Custom Summary Report has a default filter of All Income or QuickBooks Expense Report. Only these accounts are added until you modify the filter.
In the QuickBooks Custom Reports Summary, the rows and columns must be substantively different. For example, you can put buyers in the columns and vendors in the rows because both are part of the Name List.
Get Support At Bizimatrix
If you need additional help and solutions with regards to how to customize QuickBooks custom reports, simply contact Our QuickBooks support team. Our dedicated QuickBooks support experts can be reached for assistance round the clock.