From QuickBooks Online, there are various different ways to fill out and categorize expense receipts while you are on the go. You are even allowed to upload the image of the receipt from the system of your hard drive. You can just take a pic and send it from your mobile device, and even an email that photography to QuickBooks.
When you upload images to QuickBooks, they will show up from the Banking or Transactions tab, you will get the Receipts tab. This is the palace where you can categorize and track your uploaded receipts of expenses and bills. Today we will show you how you can get expense receipts and bills into your QuickBooks online and track approx everything you need. So be here to get the full detailed information about how users can enter, upload, and track expense receipts and bills they capture by their phone or send via email.
Reminder: You are only allowed to upload jpeg, jpg, PDFs and gif, or png image formats because QuickBooks support only these. In case you are using a new v version of iPhone or iPad, you get your images in the HEIC format. So you must convert HEIC images to a supportable format.
Step 1: How to add receipts and bills into QuickBooks
We will show you a few ways that are available to add receipts. Go with the method suits you.
Reminder: We just want to suggest you that do not upload or store sensitive information. You should only utilize this feature for your basic receipts of sales and purchases. Also remember to do not store receipts with detailed credit card numbers, health information, or government identifiers.
Upload receipt and bill images from your system’s hard drive
- Firstly log in to your QuickBooks online account from your web browser.
- Then click on the Banking menu or Transactions menu.
- Now go to the Receipts tab.
- Click on the option to Upload from computer. Or, you can drag and drop your image of receipt or bill directly into QuickBooks Online. Remember that each image should contain only a single receipt or bill.
Capture a photo of the receipt and bill on your mobile device
In case you are not using a mobile application, go and install the QuickBooks Online app. After that will be able to utilize the QuickBooks Online mobile app for your iOS and Android device to capture a photo and upload the receipt and bill from your mobile.
- Go to your QuickBooks Online mobile app.
- Click on the Menu icon from the right corner.
- Hit on the Receipt snap option.
- Click on the icon of the camera and take a photo of your receipt or bill.
- Click on Done.
Email images of receipt and bill to QuickBooks
Quickbooks offers its users to email their receipts or bills images. After that QuickBooks begins a transaction for the user based on the information in the image. So you just have to categorize it. To send an email you will have to follow the steps to set up the email forwarding feature.
Step 2: How to categorize, review, or match receipts and bills
We know till now you have sent or uploaded the images of your expense receipts and bills to QuickBooks. However, these will be not in your accounts yet. You will have to first review, edit, and match all of them to any existing transactions:
- Go to your QuickBooks Online.
- Click on the banking Menu or transaction menu.
- Hit on the Receipt option.
- Choose any bill or receipt to view more information.
- In case you are able to see the Review option from the Action column, click on it to make changes or add updated information.
To categorize expenses and bills
In order to categorize your expenses receipt and bill in QuickBooks online account, follow the below steps according to your condition:
- In case you see Match from the Action column: It implies that QuickBooks know it matches with a transaction you have already uploaded. Examine the Linked Record, this might be the possible match. Click on the Match option in order to connect it with your uploaded expense receipt or bill so QuickBooks does not make list or record duplicates.
- In case you are confident that there is not any such matching transaction: You will have to make a new expense receipt or bill from the captured image. For this, go to the Expenses option and click on the Expenses tab. Choose the option of New transaction and then hit on Expense. Now create your new expense and attach the image of your receipt or bill.
- In case there are multiple matches of your receipt: Go to the Review option. Then compare your possible matches and choose the right matching transaction.
QuickBooks Online Receipt Capture feature offers you to capture and categorize bills in the Receipts Tab. Approx all accountants, owners, and solopreneurs have been hoping for such a feature and now they have it with zero additional charges. The same process of extraction capability goes with the bills. By uploading an image to a QuickBooks Online receipt is it quite good to track why the expense was spent therefore protecting bill payers becomes so easy
With the help of this Receipt Capture feature, you and your customers can capture and upload receipts digitally in QuickBooks Online to save the time of labor. When these bills or receipts are stored in QuickBooks Online, they will be automatically categorized and matched according to the transactions.