In this article, we are going to discuss QuickBooks error 80070057 on how to fix this error? When the user tries to open a company file that shows an error code message “80070057: Parameter is incorrect” it means that the user does not have sufficient permission to delete the files from the particular folder. You must create/delete read/write rights to access the company file. If you want to fix this error, then you follow the guidelines given below and when you can easily fix this error.
Why does QB error 80070057 occur?
The QuickBooks error 80070057 basically occurs when you try to open a company file from a workstation located on a web server or host computer. It is also known as a QB multi-user configuration.
To resolve this error, follow the instructions below. How you can save time and effort talking to our QuickBooks customer service experts.
Steps to resolve this error code
Following the steps are given below to fix this error.
Solution 1: Check the company file name extension
- First, right-click the company file.
- After that, select Properties.
- Now, click on the QB tab.
- In the File Name field, open the file extension and QB version with the file as last.
- Click OK.
- First, you create a new folder.
- Now, you will copy the company file and paste it into a new folder.
- After that, right-click the new folder and select Rename.
- You will change the file extension to .qbm
- Click anywhere to save changes.
- Then, restore the portable by opening the QB desktop.
- Rename the extension to .qbb if you are experiencing problems while opening QB.
- Opened the QB desktop and restore the backup.
- If the file does not open, rename the .qbx extension.
- Then, open the QB in an accounting copy.
- Copy the company file and paste it into another folder in the flash drive
- QB closed Windows Explorer with the desktop open.
- Go to File Options, then right-click and select New Folder.
- Copy the companyfile.qbw from the flash drive and paste it into a new folder.
- Finally, QB opened the desktop and opened a new folder.
Solution 2: Handle clean installation of QB desktop.
- During uninstall and reinstall, QB Desktop Clean installs.
Solution 3: If converting files from Mac to Windows
- Use the back-up option in the windows function to convert QB from Mac to Windows.
Solution 4: On your system, download and run the QB file doc.
Solution 5: Configure BitDefender to allow QB desktop communication
- First, go to the BitDefender 10.0 main menu and then choose Antivirus.
- Next, choose a custom level.
- Then, choose to exclude the path from the scan.
- Now, select the new item.
- Select the mapped drive or UNC path that is used to browse to the company file. Such as “Q: \”
Main Reasons for QB Error 80070057
Possible reasons for this error are:
- QB cannot read your company file because the company file extension was changed.
- The QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- QB is the wrong type for Windows file extensions: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx
- Using third-party firewalls that are not configured for QB.
- QB is trying to open a portable file without opening it.
- You are working on a file that is located on a USB flash drive.
- QB detects damage to your company’s file at the time of installation.
I hope this article can help you fix QuickBooks error 80070057. To solve the QuickBooks error you will have to follow these instructions step by step and when you can easily resolve your issues.