Getting errors like QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding can be pretty daunting, especially for non-tech savvy users who use QuickBooks for their business. If you have encountered such error on your desktop or laptop computer and are unable to fix it and need help with it, then the solutions given on this article can be of dire value and help you save the day.
You can also resolve problems in QuickBooks such as QuickBooks has stopped working 2018 or QuickBooks is not responding by contact our QuickBooks online support. Our QuickBooks experts at Bizimatrix will assist you immediately and help you fix QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding error. Feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team at Bizimatrix at any time.
Few Issues which makes user uncomfortable, don’t spend to much time to resolve it just dail our Quickbooks support number to get fast & perfect result.
Quickbooks 2017 has stopped working windows?
Quickbooks has stopped working error message?
Quickbooks has stopped working registration?
Quickbooks online not responding when opening?
What Causes QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Or QuickBooks Is Not Responding Error
When launching QuickBooks on your desktop or laptop computer, if you encounter QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding error, you often get a message that is displayed on your computer screen.
QuickBooks has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
Some of the common reasons as to why an error like QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding occurs may be due to the following:
- Usage of system resources are high
- QuickBooks is conflicting with another software program
- QuickBooks did not install correctly
- The QBWUSER.INI is either missing or damaged
- QuickBooks company file name is too long
- Program files might be damaged
- The hard disk might be corrupt
- Windows operating system might be damaged or corrupt
How To Fix QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Or QuickBooks Is Not Responding Error
QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding error can be resolved through a few simple solutions as given on this article.
Solution 1: Launch QuickBooks After Rebooting Your Computer
Use this solution to check if you are able to open and access QuickBooks without any problems. Follow the steps given below to fix QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding error on your desktop or laptop running Windows 7/8/8.1 Pro/10:
- Close all applications, including QuickBooks and shut down your computer.
- Now, restart your computer.
- Log in to your computer and launch QuickBooks.
Most of the time, a cold boot (shutting down completely then restarting manually) may help solve various problems on a Windows operating system. Alternatively, you may perform a warm boot (restart directly) and let your computer start back on automatically, rather than you having to turn it back on manually after a complete shutdown.
If the solution given above helps fix QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding error on your computer, it’s well and good. However, if you still experience the error on your computer, then we advise you to follow the alternative solutions provided in the article.
You may contact QuickBooks error support at Bizimatrix to assist you with resolving QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding error. Call(+1-888-614-O555) to get help for QuickBooks immediately.
Solution 2: Delete or Rename QBWUSER.INI File
QBWUSER.INI file in QuickBooks stores a list of all previously opened company files on your computer. Thus, if you encounter an issue such as QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding, then deleting or simply renaming the QBWUSER.INI file may help resolve the issue. To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Open File Explorer on your computer (or press Windows + E keys).
- If you are using:
Windows 8 or 10: Click the View tab on File Explorer ribbon and click again on the Hidden files checkbox to allow viewing hidden files and folders on your computer.
Windows 7: Click the Organize button on Windows Explorer’s toolbar and select Folder and search options. Click the View tab on the Folder Options window. From the Advanced Settings list, select Show hidden files, folders and drives under Hidden files and folders. Click the OK button for the changes to take effect immediately.
- Now, go to the directory C:\Documents and Settings\[Your username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks [year] to view the QBWUSER.INI file.
Note: [Your username] is the name of your user profile.
- Right-click on the QBWUSER.INI file and select either Delete or Rename.
- If you select Delete, you will be prompted to confirm. Click Yes.
- If you select Rename, make sure to give a new name to the file and press Enter.
- Once you have successfully renamed or deleted the QBWUSER.INI file, it is important that you uncheck the box showing hidden files on your computer (Refer to step 2 to undo the changes to system settings).
- Open QuickBooks and check to see if the problem is resolved.
QuickBooks automatically creates a QBWUSER.INI file. Thus, you can safely delete the file from your computer.
If the solution given above did not work for you and you still get QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding error, then you can try the solution given below.
Solution 3: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
Usually, when a software application fails to function properly, then reinstalling it may help fix the problem. So, if you are experiencing QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding error, follow the steps given below to remove QuickBooks and do a clean installation in order to resolve the issue.
- Close QuickBooks, if running on your computer.
- Go to Control Panel, then Programs and Features.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of installed programs and click the Remove/Uninstall button to continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to completely remove/uninstall QuickBooks from your computer. If prompted, restart your computer.
- Now, in order to install QuickBooks on your computer, you will need the CD (if purchased from a retail store) or downloaded setup file (from Intuit’s server) along with the product’s license key. Make sure you have it handy.
Note: In case you do not have it with you, you can download your version of QuickBooks directly from Intuit’s server. Click [here] to download QuickBooks.
- Run QuickBooks setup file (from CD or downloaded file) and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the QuickBooks installation process.
Note: If you installed QuickBooks via CD, remove the disc when the installation of QuickBooks is finished.
- Launch QuickBooks from your computer and check to see if the problem is resolved.
The issue with QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding should be resolved with the help of the solution given above. In case, this solution does not fix the problem, then you can try another alternative which is mentioned in the next solution given below.
Solution 4: Repair QuickBooks With QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (aka QBInstall Tool)
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, or simply QBInstall Tool is a program developed by Intuit that lets you fix common problems in QuickBooks. The program supports all versions and variations of QuickBooks accounting software. You can easily download QBInstall Tool for free and use it to fix problems like QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding error. Follow the steps given below on how to download, install and use QBInstall Tool on your computer.
- Close QuickBooks, if it is already running on your computer.
- You need to download QBInstall Tool from Intuit’s server. Click [here] to download now.
- When prompted, save the file on the default location of your computer’s local hard drive.
- After the download is complete, run QBInstall Tool from the setup file that you downloaded on your computer.
- QBInstall Tool will automatically scan and fix issues that are detected with your QuickBooks. Wait for the process to complete.
- Once QBInstall Tool has successfully completed the task, you may be required to restart your computer.
- Reboot your computer and launch QuickBooks to see if the problem is fixed.