QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error is generally occurred by various reasons like a missing window, data damage, computer issues. For small businesses, QuickBooks has become a very useful and, at the same time, an accurate financial accounting tool that is efficient, too. From managing inventory to keeping up with your vendors and customers, QuickBooks is widely adopted for its multi-functional purposes. Today, you can use QuickBooks not only on your desktop computer and laptop, but you can also bring productivity to your business by using the tool on your tablet and smartphone devices as well.
However, as it is said that everything has a downside, this, therefore, applies to QuickBooks as well. Although, with a wide range of features offered by QuickBooks, there are also technical problems attached to it. As such, there are users who have experienced issues when using the accounting software tool, while some have been successful in resolving their issues, others have just been in vain.
Why You need to call us?
Some time it is difficult to solve the unrecoverable error code 31197 00540, for this type of coded error you will need a call support, in that condtion we provide best and quick solution. We will ready to help you in every condition, Connect us our QuickBooks technical support team anytime.
What Is QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
Why Does It Occur?
When you encounter the QuickBooks unrecoverable error, you are greeted with the error message as shown below:
Error type: QuickBooks – Unrecoverable Error
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please help the QuickBooks team eliminate this issue by providing us with the following information.
I was trying to do: [steps you tool]
We would like to be able to contact you for more details
My email address is: [optional]
Code: XXXXX XXXXX
It is important to know that the QuickBooks unrecoverable error that occurred on your computer or portable device indicates that your QuickBooks program has encountered a critical application fault that has rendered it non-functional.
There are several reasons as to why or how QuickBook’s unrecoverable error occurs when using the accounting software program.
Known Causes of QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Some of the main reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks unrecoverable error is when:
- You open your data file.
- You click the Save or Print, or the Ship icon at the top of a transaction.
- The program’s window(s) was still open when closing the data file.
- QuickBooks did not close properly.
- QuickBooks crashed unexpectedly.
- Your QuickBooks data is corrupt.
How To Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
Getting the QuickBooks unrecoverable error could make your accounting software program unusable, either temporarily or permanently. However, you do not have to panic as there are solutions that may get you back on track and restore the working of your QuickBooks accounting software program.
Below, we have provided you with a few solutions in order to help you fix QuickBook’s unrecoverable error in an effective manner. Please note that of these, any one of the solutions provided below should work for you, in case the other one fails in your situation.
Solution 1: Prevent QuickBooks From Opening All of Its Program Windows at Start-up
- Double-click the QuickBooks shortcut icon and press and hold the Alt key.
- The program will ask you for your user password.
- Enter your log in user password at the prompt on the screen after releasing the Alt key.
- Click the OK button.
- A file will open, then press and hold the Alt key again.
- Once the file has opened completely, release the Alt key.
Solution 2: Change the Way You Save the Form
You may have to use one or more of these options to solve the problem
- Use either the Save & Close button or the Save & New button at the bottom of the form to save the transaction.
- While saving, do not leave the cursor on a blank line of the sales form. Rather, leave it on a line that has an item filled in.
- Click To Be Printed before saving the transaction.
- To Print, go to File and Print Forms.
Note: In case, you are receiving the unrecoverable error in QuickBooks while printing, make changes or edit your QuickBooks Preferences.
- Go to the Preferences from the Edit menu.
- Click Clear the Save transactions under the Company Preferences tab before clicking the printing checkbox.
- Click the OK button to save changes.
Solution 3: Re-register QuickBooks Files
- First, close
- Go to the Run option from Start menu, then type bat and press Enter to re-register.
- Restart your computer.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Open QuickBooks Sample File
Before following the steps mentioned below, make sure QuickBooks is closed.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks icon, and hold the Ctrl key
- Keep holding the Ctrl key until the Open New Company screen appears.
- Now, click on Open a sample file.
- Choose any of the sample company files from the list that opens up.
Note: You may be asked to restore or update the Sample File, click Yes to continue.
Solution 5: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Manually
If any of the above-mentioned solutions don’t be helpful, try these fixes such as:
- Run Reboot.exe at the command prompt.
- Run QuickBooks repair tool. This repair tool easily detects damages and fix it.
- Use QuickBooks clean installation
- If any of the solutions doesn’t work, select repair Microsoft.NET Framework.
Solution 6: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
- Uninstall all the related files and download and/or install your version of QuickBooks again.
Note: Go to Control Panel, then Programs and Features. Select your version of QuickBooks and begin the uninstallation process.
The solutions given above should help you fix QuickBook’s unrecoverable error. There are several QuickBooks users who experience technical issues like data errors, network problems, application freezing and/or crashing at start-up, failed transactions, etc. Thus, among all these, there is also a QuickBooks unrecoverable error.