Every software user interface continuously changes, these changes performed by software developers. The purpose of changing any software’s user interface is providing easy to use software to the user. Hence Quickbooks has changed its graphical user interface. Earlier if we have to do some setting in our Quickbooks then we used to go to “setting” options. But now Quickbooks has a gear icon. If you don’t know where is the gear icon. Then don’t worry we will tell you in brief where is the gear icon and what can you do with this option.
Where Is The Gear Icon In Quickbooks
When you open QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop Edition. You will see the gear icon at the top right of the company name. This gear icon is also known as a wheel or “setting”.
After finding the gear icon in Quickbooks we need to know its benefits. Let’s see below its benefits.
Benefits Of Gear Icon In Quickbooks
QuickBooks has not only changed its user interface (UI) to the desktop version. It has also changed the user interface of QuickBooks Online. You will no longer see traditional menus online in QuickBooks. Both the online desktop and QuickBooks have a + and gear icon. Where the “+” icon has all transactions, while the “gear” icon has all the settings options. Here we will see the 4 main parts of the gear icon below…
Four Main Section Of Gear Icon
- Setting: As you already know the setting is used in any software to adjust in a software program or any hardware tools. Which will help the user to use software very easily? Similarly, Quickbooks has setting options inside the Gear icon. This will help you to customize and upgrade company information or you can customize templates and fields that can be used in the transaction.
- List: List option helps to identify your recurring transactions. It helps the user to multiple options for getting lists but not transactions in Quickbooks. After importing the list you can perform add or modify operation in Quickbooks.
- Tools: Besides setting and list tools has the facility to see various lists like the chart of accounts and list of items. And if the user has done any mistake or bank reconciliation. Or the user can set up a budget.
- Company: Via the use of company option you can set up your Quickbooks Online account and manage various users in Quickbooks.
So isn’t this a tremendous change made by QuickBooks? But sometimes this gear icon disappears in QuickBooks. What steps should we take in this situation? To solve the issue of missing the QuickBooks gear icon let’s come with us and read the below steps.
How To Solve Gear Icon Disappearing Issue In Quickbooks
When Quickbooks software developers do some changing in QB features than you you can face this gear icon disappearing issue in QB. So if we want to resolve this issue we have to press the F5 key to refresh the page. Therefore if you still face the QB gear icon disappear problem.
Steps To Resolve Gear Icon Disappearing Problem
- First, you have to open Quickbooks in a private browser window or incognito window.
- Next, if you see the Gear icon then it means it is available.
- After that you have to clear cache this will help your browser to fix the browser-related issues.
- Finally, if an error doesn’t resolve than get Quickbooks support service for fixing this issue.
So you have seen where is the gear icon in Quickbooks. And what can we do with the help of the QB gear icon? We have already explained above the gear icon benefits. And if you don’t see QB gear icon then how to find it. So enjoy your day and if you like this blog then comment in the below section.