QuickBooks File Doctor Test is specially made to resolve network issue Hosting Mode is Off, Folder Containing the File is Not Writable.
Search Results for: quickbooks file doctor
Bizimatrix welcomes you to continue a journey with the new topic, which is all about the QuickBooks tool hub. Today, in this article we will learn, exactly what the tool mean, what is the use of this tool, and how to download, and install the QuickBooks tool hub in a genuine procedure. What is QuickBooks Tool Hub QuickBooks tool hub is a complete solution to fix all types of QuickBooks Desktop issues in one place. It is the collection of… Read More »Install QuickBooks Tool Hub to Fix Common Issues in QB
Accountants require accounting software to manage any organization’s profit and loss. Hence intuit made Quickbooks for handling daily business tasks. As an accountant, they need software to organize accounting books, as Quickbooks needs Microsoft components to run its functions in any computer. So when your PC’s Microsoft components are damaged or outdated, and you are trying to install Quickbooks into it, Quickbooks shows Quickbooks error 1712. Quickbooks install error 1712 can also occur due to virus affected pc or user… Read More »How To Resolve Quickbooks Error 1712
Quickbooks’ popularity is increasing day by day in the USA small business owners. Because it has various tools to handle your business accounting. And its multi-user working mode facility helps employees work together on company files. This multi-user access technology helps businesses to reduce cost and time of business. Because you don’t need to send a file from one system to another. Anyone within a network computer can access company files. But some users face Quickbooks error h202. When they… Read More »Quickbooks Error H202: Reasons & Solution
QuickBooks software is used to keep spending records for small and medium-sized businesses. But there are two versions of QuickBooks, QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online that run on a web server. So when a QuickBooks user wants to share any data from the QuickBooks desktop to other QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks needs the QuickBooks Web Connector. But the problem is that some users are experiencing Quickbooks Web Connector error message. Many users have sent us messages about this error. So we… Read More »Quickbooks Web Connector Error: What is, & Solution for QBWC Error
Quickbooks error h505 occurs when you have installed any antivirus and firewall in our system. Antivirus and firewalls are usually blocking unauthorized access to your computers.
So when you are working in multiuser mode, and try to access company file that is available on other connected network PC. Then your firewalls have blocked them to communicate with Quickbooks application. If you are also facing Quickbooks error code H505, then you have to read this blog to get a relevant solution.
Cause Of Quickbooks Error H505
Most of QuickBooks error occurs where QuickBooks is used for multiuser. So when any user wants to access the company file which is not present into their own computer, and that company file is located at another computer which has not installed QuickBooks properly. Hence the user sees QuickBooks error H505. let’s see the below causes for better clarification.
- If your hosting server has blocked Quickbooks with a corporate file then it can cause behind Quickbooks error H505.
- Make sure your Quickbooks services such as QBFCMonitor and QuickbooksDBXX are activated on your PC.
- If your PC has corrupted.ND files then it will restrict Quickbooks desktop from opening any files on the network.
- If the DNS setting has not been done properly.
- And when computer firewall settings aborted to get company files.
Things You Must Remember
- If you want to use Quickbooks as a multiuser mode then you have to install QuickBooks application on the server. Because without applications you will not able to use Quickbooks multiuser mode.
- Check your system there must be installed Quickbooks software on your computer.
- It has to be a Quickbooks desktop version with a license manager and database hosting only.
- For download, Quickbooks visit its official website.
So before fix QB error code H505, you will need to follow some initial steps.
Initial Steps To Fix Quickbooks Error Code H505
- Your Quickbooks Desktop version must be updated first.
- And then you need to generate a company file.
- Then start Quickbooks tools hub to fix the quick error.
- After that run Quickbooks database server manager.
- And finally, configure your firewall setting to fix the error.
Now let’s see how to resolve QuickBooks error code H505?
Various Steps To Resolve Quickbooks Error code H505 Code?
Quickbooks users face various types of error but their solution is very easy and self-treatable. Hence let us see the below steps to resolve Quickbooks error code H505.
Step 1 It’s Better To Use Quickbooks Tool Hub
Quickbooks tool hub is a set of 5 different tools. and each tool has its own capability of fixing Quickbooks errors. Like Quickbooks file doctor is designed for fixing Quickbooks error h series and 6000 series. So let’s see how to resolve Quickbooks error h505 using Quickbooks tool hub.
- first, close all applications of your desktop computer or laptop
- then download and install Quickbooks Tool hub
- After installing Quickbooks tool hub clicks on tool hub icon.
- Then go to the Network issue section and click on Quickbooks database server manager(QBDSM).
- Now select company file that has Quickbooks error h505 by using the browse button and click on Start scan button
- QBDSM will fix your Quickbooks error code h505 and fix firewall settings automatically.
- You have to follow all the above steps on each workstation that throw Quickbooks error h505
Finally, you can check each workstation if you are able to work smoothly in multi-user mode. It means you have fixed all errors.
Else Check Quickbooks Server are Running in your Computer
- First click on the start menu of the connected server computer
- Or you can also use Window+R key to open the run window
- then type write service.msc in the text field or run window and press Enter
- Now search for the QuickbooksDBXX from the list and double click on it
- Then you have to choose the Automatic startup type, where its status must be start position.
- Now go to the recovery tab and click on Restart The service from the drop-down list of each menu
- Finally, click on Apply and press OK button to keep changes
- And also you have to repeat all the above steps for QBCFmonitorservices.
Step 2 Check The Hosting And Services
- On each hosting system, open QuickBooks and go to the “File” menu => “Utilities” icon.
- See Host Multi-User Access on the listing, if the current system isn’t hosting the file. Proceed to a different laptop computer. bear in mind don’t amendment something.
- Remember if you see ‘Stop victimization Multi-User Hosting Access’ icon then choose it
- Then you would like to shut the go in the corporate file, simply you have got to click on the “yes” icon.
Method 2 check Quickbooks Services
1 First of all, You have to start QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor services.
- Then click on the start icon which exists in the window.
- Press the Window+ R to start the run window.
- Then type MSC into the run box so that the MSC window can open.
2 Service Window: Scroll down and exist for the QuickBooksDBXX service.
3 If you are not able to visit the QuickBooksDBXX service:
- The database server manager must be installed on the server.
- If you start the app on your PC, just you need to select Start QuickBooks And confirm that hosting is enabled.
- Now simply right click of a mouse button and select run QuickBooksDBXX service and confirm that the startup type is and the service is standing.
- Now You have to click on the “Recovery” icon
- Open computer system menu selects restart, thus it automatically restarts the QuickBooks DB service if it fails. Do the same again and again.
- Replay the above all steps for QBCFMonitor Service
- Now you have to open multiuser mode on every shared PC or workstation.
Step3 Create a new folder in your company file and discuss it by enabling access to discuss company files
- You have to create a new folder on the hosting computer.
- Now share Create Folder and Set Window to get access to permissions to share company files.
- Now copy the .qbw file to the new folder.
- And open your company’s files in multi-user mode to see the error is fixed or not.
Step 4 Edit the host file
Sol 1: Find the IP address and computer name of the server and workstation
- The first step is to hold “Windows + R” to open the “run dialog box”.
- After that, the user has to type “and” and then hit “Enter” to open a command prompt window.
- Then you have to run cmd command “ipconfig/all”.
- Keep a note somewhere for hostname and IP address, because you have to repeat this process on each system.
Step 2: Edit Windows Host File
Then edit the Windows host file:
- Users should go to “Shut down QuickBooks” and “Start Menu”.
- After that, the user needs to go to the PC and follow the “C: IWindowsiSystem32IDriversiEtc or CIWindows1Syswow641DriverslEtc” path.
- If you didn’t find the window folder then see the below steps.
- To view hidden files, the user has to click on the “View tab” and then click on “Hidden Items”.
- After that, the user has to right-click on “Host File” and then choose “Open With”, open it with notepad.
- The next step of the process is to fill in “IP address and computer name”. When entering details, the user needs to use the “tab key” instead of the spacebar to enter the space between the IP address and the system name. See the image below:
Step 5 Configure your firewall port settings
Important: Generally, the QuickBooks File Doctor tool usually opens your firewall ports and configures them automatically. If your problem is not resolved, you can follow these steps:
- First, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- After that, open the control panel through the run command.
- Choose the System and Security options and open the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Now let’s see the advanced settings.
- Then the inbound rule and then choose the new rule
- Choose a port and click on Next
- Make sure you have selected the TCP option here.
- Now you have to specify the port for your Quickbooks version.
To find QuickBooks dynamic ports
- First, click on the Start button and search for QuickBooks Database Server Manager and press Enter key.
- Then click on the Port Monitor tab
- Here you can see the port number for your QuickBooks version.
- Copy the port number, you can use it during firewall configuration
We have given a complete solution to fix Quickbooks error H505. Follow all the steps carefully and don’t delete anything while following steps. Make sure your firewall setting has been configured properly. If it will not configure properly then you will not able to resolve QuickBooks error. Always use an updated version of QB’s latest version, because of the add some extra features and fix old error issues. And if you still getting QB error h505 then you will need to contact our Quickbooks customer service team. They are highly educated and well experienced in Quickbooks. our Quickbooks support team reduces your frustration in a few seconds. Read More »How To Resolve Quickbooks Error H505
Sometimes Quickbooks database service users do not get permission to access the file location and having an error message on the desktop “Got unexpected error 5 in a call to display with a warning message”, which is known as Quickbooks unexpected error 5. The incorrectly configured system setting in the Windows registry is the main reason for the Quickbooks error 5. In this blog, you will know the causes and solutions of the Quickbooks unexpected error 5. If you excited… Read More »How to shut out the Quickbooks Unexpected error 5?
Sometimes most of the Quickbooks users face Quickbooks error 404 during the use of Quickbooks, which creates a problem to do any activity on Quickbooks. Generally, it occurs due to the failure of Quickbooks to sync with the Intuit server. Without wasting any time read this blog to the procedure to fix the Quickbooks desktop error 404. Before following any procedure it is necessary to know the cause of the error but it is more necessary to know the signs… Read More »Fix the Quickbooks error 404 in different ways
If you are using QuickBooks Software then you may face the problem of QuickBooks error 6000 83. It occurs when the users access, restore and get back up of the Company file data. Quickbooks error is one such as a type of error that affects the company file and sometimes damages the important information of the company. In this error, multiple users can not access the company file. And the process of work is done slowly. In this blog, Discuss… Read More »How to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83?
While you are using QuickBooks accounting software, you can face any type of QuickBooks error. QuickBooks error code 6129 is one of the most common errors. QuickBooks users encounter this QuickBooks error 6129 while database connection verification fails when tries to access QuickBooks company file. This shows then message “You are unable to open the company file.” In this article, we are going to discuss how to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6129? You have to follow these steps to resolve… Read More »How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error Code [6129-0]?